Welcome! I’m glad you’re here, my name is Mike and Houston Historic Retail is a personal project of mine. No other person, company, or other entity is sponsoring this website. This website is a labor of love and as such most of the information on this website is of my own personal research. However, some outside sources are used and I try to notate them all. The website is divided into two separate sections. The blog (on the home page) deals with general retail and Houston topics. All other pages (accessed from the menu) are dedicated to stores that have left Houston.
Any logos, images, or other graphic shown on this website is property of its original owner. As such they may be removed at the owner’s request using the contact information below.
If you want to get in touch with me you can email me. If you’d rather not divulge your email you can use the Contact Me page, or leave a comment on any page or post. I always like to hear from visitors, and I’m open to the idea of sharing content from guest writers. If you have something you’re trying to research, I have a good amount of resources to share. Also, if you have something for me to research I can look into it!
- Almeda Mall – 04/27/2020
- West Oaks Mall – 02/11/2020
- Craig’s Video Central – 01/12/2020
- Original House of Pies – 12/30/2019
- AppleTree Markets – 11/18/2019
- Steak n Shake – 10/26/2019
- Del Taco – 09/28/2019
- Northwest Mall Page – 11/4/2018
- On The Border Cafe Page – 10/31/2018
- Souper Salad Page – 10/21/2018
- 1995 Vegetarian Restaurants Post – 9/29/2018
- HEB Pantry Foods Page – 8/21/2018
- Just for Feet Page – Coming Soon
- San Jacinto Mall Post/Page – Coming Soon
- Greenspoint Mall Post/Page – Coming Soon