West Oaks Mall will likely soon be down another anchor as the parent company of Regal Cinemas, Cineworld has filed for bankruptcy. The company, filed for bankruptcy last week, and published a list of locations in which it intends to break its lease as a part of reorganization, yesterday. While the judge’s approval is still pending, the West Oaks location is on the list. According to those familiar with the Houston movie theater scene, this location is the worst performing for Regal in the Houston area. West Oaks, is one of three Texas locations slated to close, on the list of 20 theaters. Thanks to an eagle-eyed reader who knew about this story, and recommended it to HHR! Have a tip to submit? Reach out to HHR via email or social media!
Subscribe via Email
Join 799 other subscribers
Like what I do?
- Anonymous on Houston’s Lidl Secret, the German grocer that almost came to town
- Anonymous in Houston on Arlan’s attempt in The Woodlands, a history of “Food Basket”
- Anonymous in Houston on 4000 Polk, Houston’s 90+ year old Henke & Pillot Kroger location
- Sing Oil Blog on 4000 Polk, Houston’s 90+ year old Henke & Pillot Kroger location
- Anonymous on Retail News: Krispy Kreme Closes Katy Location
i came here when i was a little kid
Pretty sad, this was the last big entertainment business at the mall. West Oaks went from nearly 100 occupancy to less than 25% in less than 10 years.