Your best buys are always at Burlington, may not be the new slogan painted above the door, but it would be apt. Off-price retailer Burlington (Coat Factory) has recently made moves on two former Best Buy properties in the Houston area. The stores at 13238 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040 and 24230 Commercial Dr. Rosenberg, TX 77470 closed in 2021 and 2022, respectively, both part of a larger restructuring Best Buy has undertaken over the past two years. The 290 location is likely meant to make up for the closure of a longstanding location at 12005 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77092. This store was one of many former Kmart/Venture locations purchased after their bankruptcy. This location was “moved” to a new shopping center at 4518 Dacoma St, Houston, TX 77092, in 2021. The new location further up 290 will help to reestablish a presence in the Fairbanks area. As for the Rosenberg store, this will be Burlington’s first store in the area. The closest current location is in Sugar Land.
Subscribe via Email
Join 799 other subscribers
Like what I do?
- Anonymous on Houston’s Lidl Secret, the German grocer that almost came to town
- Anonymous in Houston on Arlan’s attempt in The Woodlands, a history of “Food Basket”
- Anonymous in Houston on 4000 Polk, Houston’s 90+ year old Henke & Pillot Kroger location
- Sing Oil Blog on 4000 Polk, Houston’s 90+ year old Henke & Pillot Kroger location
- Anonymous on Retail News: Krispy Kreme Closes Katy Location
Not crazy about a Burlington coming to the area.
Why did the Best Buy (the photo above) close?
Not sure, although Best Buy has been quietly closing locations for the past few years.